Following further consultation on housing needs and land supply, the Council is undertaking a wider review of development options before deciding on the final sites to be included for development in the Core Strategy Local Plan.
The background to the review is set out in the report to Cabinet on 27 February 2017 (Minute 96 refers)
The documents that will form part of this review will appear below when they become available for public comment.
You can be notified when they become available by providing your contact details to [email protected]
Comments must be submitted in writing or by email and arrive no later than the deadline specified for each document below at one of the following addresses:
Wirral Council Environmental Services
PO BOX 290 Brighton Street
Wallasey CH27 9FQ
A receipt will be provided on request.
Please note that the Council will not be able to keep your name or your comments confidential as they will need to be recorded in a published report of consultation.
The results of this review will be reported to the Council's Cabinet in July 2018.
Further information can be obtained from [email protected].
Wirral Employment Land and Premises Study Update
An Employment Land and Premises Study Update was approved by the Council's Cabinet on 26 March 2018 (Minute 102 refers).
- Cabinet Report
- Main Report
- Stakeholder Consultation
- Viability Appraisal Outturns
- Gross to Net Adjustments for Employment Sites
- Site Assessment Criteria
- Sub-Area Maps
- Assessed Site Criteria Ratings
- Site Pro-Formas
The findings will be used to inform the SHLAA Update for April 2018.
Initial Green Belt Review
- Letter of Consultation
- Proposed Methodology
- Appendix 1 Map of Core Strategy Settlement Areas
- Appendix 2 Map of Proposed Green Belt Land Parcels
- Appendix 3 Map of Sites Submitted by Landowners and Developers
- Appendix 4 Map of Flood Zone 3
- Appendix 5 Map of Core Biodiversity Areas
- Appendix 6 Map of Wetland Birds Survey Core Count Areas
- Appendix 7 Map of High Quality Agricultural Land
- Appendix 8 Proposed Sustainability Appraisal Criteria
- Frequently Asked Questions
The deadline for comments on the proposed methodology was 6 December 2017.
Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Update 2017
The deadline for comments on the proposed methodology was 18 September 2017. The next assessment, with a base date of April 2018, will be reported to Cabinet in July 2018.
Draft Strategic Housing and Employment Land Market Assessment for Liverpool City Region and West Lancashire (SHELMA)
- Letter of consultation
- Draft SHELMA
- Draft SHELMA Summary
- Draft SHELMA Appendices
- Draft SHELMA Site Assessments
The deadline for comments was 31 October 2017. The comments received will be reviewed by the Combined Authority in early 2018.