There are three types of application you can make: two for proposed work and one for unauthorised work. For work that hasn’t started, there is either a Full plans application or a building notice.

In both cases:

  • you may start work and request inspections, once your application has been submitted
  • when completed to the satisfaction of the building regulations you will receive a completion certificate confirming the works comply with the building regulations

For work that has already started or is completed without an application having been made, please see Regularisation Applications.

If you require more help please contact us on 0151 691 8454 or and we will be happy to assist you.