If you are a utility company wishing to carry out works on public roads and pavements in Wirral, please call 0151 606 2004 or email streetworks@wirral.gov.uk

If you are an individual or private company you must:

If required you can apply for temporary traffic lights or request a road closure.

Applications will normally be processed within 15 working days.

You must not commence any works or excavations, however small or minor, until you’ve received formal consent from the council.


  • minor works - £358 or £135, see application for appropriate fee payable
  • standard works - £825
  • major works - £1,210