Our parking policy sets out where, when and how parking is enforced in Wirral.
- Wirral Council’s parking policy document
- Appendix A - contravention codes, observation period and penalty charge rate
- Appendix B - flow chart 1
- Appendix C - flow chart 2
- Appendix D - schedule of circumstances
- Parking policy report on parking enforcement
10 minute grace period
Under the Deregulation Bill, from 6th April 2015, if a vehicle is parked legally on a designated parking bay when it is initially parked, a ten minute grace period should be applied before issuing a Penalty Charge Notice.
This applies for public regulated parking both on and off-street.
Vehicles parked illegally can receive an immediate Penalty Charge Notice without the 10 minute grace period.
The council is a member of the Parking and Traffic Regulations Outside London (PATROL) Adjudication Joint Committee. The Joint Committee publishes an Annual Statement of Accounts which is subject to External Audit:
Annual report on parking enforcement
The annual report on parking enforcement 2015-2016 sets out information and data on the performance of the Council’s parking
enforcement operations for the period from 2010-2011 to 2014-2015.