All of our libraries are equipped with computers, printers, scanners and internet access.
Using a library computer
You will need your library member’s card number and library PIN to use computers in Wirral libraries. If you don’t know your PIN, please ask a member of staff.
Job seekers are exempt from computer use charge, when doing job searches, provided that their proof of status is given. However, printouts but must be paid for.
Free access to computers for job seekers is also extended to those wishing to complete any benefit claim (including Local Welfare Assistance) in libraries.
Software, including Microsoft Office Word and Excel is available.
Children need parent or carer permission before using the internet. All computers have filtering software in operation.
Library members can use the computers for free for half an hour, and £1.10 per half hour after that.
There is free wifi in all Wirral libraries, with wireless printing from your mobile devices available in the following libraries:
- Bebington Central
- Birkenhead Central
- Rock Ferry
- Wallasey Central
- West Kirby
How to print from a mobile device
- Please connect to: WBC-Public
- Login with your LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter accounts or by Text Message/PIN
- Once connected, open your application and print your emails, web pages or documents to the library printer
- The printer should show up as: [Library Name] @ iCAM-2
- Visit the counter to pay for and collect your prints
Once your webpage, email or file is open, click on the share icon, scroll to the bottom and select ‘Print’.
Once your webpage, email or file is open, look for the three dots icon, and select ‘Print’, or the Share icon and then Print.
Printer and photocopying costs
Prices are per single-sided sheet.
- A4 black and white printing or copying - 22p
- A4 colour printing or copying - £1
- A3 black and white printing or copying - 44p
- A3 colour printing or copying - £1.90
- A4 black and white printing or copying - 11p
- A4 colour printing or copying - 50p
- A3 black and white printing or copying - 22p
- A3 colour printing or copying - 95p
For large quantity and a range of bespoke colour printing requirements visit Wirral Printing Services for individuals or businesses.
Free online resources
While using our library computers, you have free access to our online resources:
- Access to Research (journals)
- British Newspaper Archive
- Find My Past
- Very Short Introductions
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biographies
- Oxford Bibliographies
- Grove Art
- Grove Music
- Who's Who
- Encyclopaedia Britannica