Wirral has great coastal and countryside routes for leisurely bike rides:
- The Wirral Way - which forms part of Wirral Country Park - is a 19km (12 mile) traffic-free ride running from West Kirby into Chester
- The National Cycle Network Route 56 runs right through Wirral, taking in Seacombe, New Brighton, Liverpool Bay and many picturesque villages
Wirral cycle routes
Download cycling guides and maps from Visit Wirral
You can order maps online from Merseytravel.
Cycling training for children
Find out about free Bikeability training for all year 5 and 6 pupils across Wirral.
Summer of Cycling 2019
Wirral Council and partners are inviting residents to enjoy a Summer of Cycling to bring people together - enthusiasts and beginners alike.
Events taking place across Wirral this summer, encourage everyone to get on two wheels before the UK’s most prestigious cycling event arrives in September – the OVO Energy Tour of Britain.
Take part in one of the many cycling events taking place across Wirral this summer:
- Women’s Repair and Maintenance Workshop with Cycling UK: 2, 11, and 17 July
- ‘Ice Cream, Drink or Chips' relaxed bike ride with HSBC UK: 4 July, 8 July and 18 July
- 'Breeze into Cycling' with HSBC UK Breeze: 9 July, 16 July and for Beginners on 18 July
- ‘Spring into Summer’ Wirral Way ride with HSBC UK British Cycling: 13 July
- 'Nightrider' overnight tunnel bike ride: 13 to 14 July
- 15 to 20 mile rides with Wirral Bicycle Belles: 13 July, 17 August and 21 September
- 35, 15 or 5 mile bike ride Women's Festival of Cycling: 3 August
- OVO Energy Tour of Britain: 11 September
- 'Cycling through time' exhibition at Williamson Gallery: displayed until 22 September
- Race and skills training for 5 to 15 year olds with Birkenhead North End Cycling Club: Thursdays, 6 to 8pm
- 'Wheels for All' with Wirral mencap: Thursdays, 10am to 3pm
More events to follow - come back and visit this page for new updates.