What is a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)?
Fixed Penalty Notices are issued by environmental enforcement officers to deal with environmental offences including:
- failure to produce waste documents
- smoking in a smoke-free premises
- smoking in work vehicles
- smoking in a vehicle with a minor
- failing to comply with a Community Protection Notice
How can I pay a Fixed Penalty Notice?
You can pay a Fixed Penalty Notice fine by using one of the following methods:
- select ‘pay online by card’, and then select ‘Fixed Penalty Notices’ and the option that applies to your Fixed Penalty Notice. Free internet facilities are available at all Wirral Council libraries
- by cheque, postal order or cash to:
PO Box 2
Please make cheques payable to 'Wirral Council' and attach the lower part of your Fixed Penalty Notice. Receipts are not issued. If sending cash you are advised to send it by registered post. Allow five working days for payments made by post
- by phone using a credit or debit card by calling 0151 606 2345 (open 24 hours)
- by cash – you can pay by cash at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet. You will need to present the Fixed Penalty Notice containing your unique barcode and you will need to pay in full.
Ensure you enter the correct Fixed Penalty Notice reference number as any mistakes could delay the payment reaching your account.