Subscriptions to the garden waste collection service will reopen on 21 July. This will be for collections from 25 August 2020 to 31 May 2021.
Until 21 August, brown bins will only be collected from homes who subscribed before the end of March 2020. Subscribers will receive collections to make up for those missed between 30 March and the end of the current subscription period on 31 May 2020.
Cost for collections from 25 August 2020 to 31 May 2021
The cost has been reduced as the subscription period will be shorter:
- £32.20 for the first bin to be collected
- £20 for each additional bin to be collected
- £40 for a new or replacement brown bin
Collections run from 25 August 2020 to 31 May 2021.
Garden waste bins are collected every other week from addresses that subscribe to the service.
Items allowed in your brown bin
- grass mowings
- hedge cuttings
- dead flowers
- Christmas trees; real trees only, and please chop up to ensure it fits in your bin
Please ensure all of your garden waste fits inside your bin. Chop up hedge cuttings and pruning if necessary.
How to put your bin out
Please remember the following to make sure we are able to collect your bin:
- put your bin out at the usual collection point by 7am on the scheduled day
- don’t over fill your brown bin; the lid must be closed to stop garden waste spilling out
- make sure your bin isn’t too heavy; it won’t be able to be emptied as the lifting equipment has a weight limit
- don’t squash the waste down; it could get stuck in the bin or make the bin too heavy. Both will mean that your bin isn’t emptied.
- if all your garden waste doesn’t fit in the bin, please store the excess until your next collection
- don’t put bags of garden waste in or next to the bin. We can’t collect bagged garden waste as it can’t be reprocessed.
How else can I get rid of garden waste?
You can also take garden waste to your local rubbish tip free of charge. Please check the MRWA website or their Twitter feeds @MerseysideRWA and @GoRecycleRight for updates on availability, restrictions and opening times.
How will the waste collectors know I have subscribed to the service?
Collection vehicles will have an electronic record of residents who have subscribed. You will also receive a permit, which should be fixed to your bin. Please keep your current permit on the bin.
Change of address
If you move house please tell us by using the change of address form. Refunds cannot be issued if you move out of the area.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my subscription?
You have a right to cancel this service and obtain a full refund within 14 days of your subscription date. If you have received a collection within this period then a refund will not apply.
Collections were suspended between 30 March and 19 May 2020. Current subscribers to the garden waste collection service will receive at least five collections before having to subscribe again. This it to make up for missed collections between 30 March and the end of the current subscription period on 31 May 2020.