There is a charge for the brown bin garden waste collection in Wirral.
Cost for collections from 13 January 2020 to 31 May 2020
- £20 for the first bin to be collected
- £25 for each additional bin to be collected
- £39.30 for a new or replacement brown bin
This subscription covers collections from 13 January 2020 through to 31 May 2020.
Please allow 15 working days for your permit to be posted out to you.
Bins are collected every other week.
Items allowed in your brown bin
- Christmas tree: real trees only, and please chop up to ensure it fits in your bin
- grass mowings
- hedge cuttings
- dead flowers
Please ensure all of your garden waste fits inside your bin. Chop up hedge cuttings and pruning if necessary.
How else can I get rid of garden waste?
Are there any concessions?
There are no concessions or reduced cost if you subscribe part way through this period or do not use your bin during the winter months.
How will the waste collectors know I have subscribed to the new service?
Collection vehicles will have an electronic record of residents who have subscribed. You will also receive a permit, which should be fixed to your bin.
No collections over Christmas and New Year period
There will be no collections between 16 December 2019 and 13 January 2020 inclusive. Collections will restart on 14 January on your next scheduled collection day.
Change of address
If you move house please tell us by using the change of address form. Refunds cannot be issued if you move out of the area.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my subscription?
You have a right to cancel this service and obtain a full refund within 14 days of your subscription date. If you have received a collection within this period then a refund will not apply.
If your bin is not emptied this may be because:
- it contains the wrong items
- it is too heavy for safe handling
- the waste is compacted in the bin
- the bin lid isn’t closed
If this happens a notice will be left on your bin telling you about the problem:
- you will need to remove any wrong items or some of the waste to lighten the weight of the bin
- if the lid isn't closed you will need to ensure that it closes
- any compacted waste will need to be loosened to ensure it flows freely from the bin
We will not return to collect any bins that were not emptied for these reasons. You will need to put your bin out on the next scheduled collection day.
If we can't collect your bin because of severe weather we will always make an effort to return and empty your bin when conditions improve.