If you live in a flat or apartment
Putting your bin out for collection
- put your bins out at the kerbside by 7am on the day of collection with the wheels facing the road
- all rubbish must be in the bin and the lid must be closed. No additional waste will be collected
- the bin should not be too heavy
- after your collection bring your bin back onto your property as soon as possible
- incorrect items should not be in your bin. See items allowed in your bin:
Wirral Council and Biffa have been working hard to put measures in place to keep bin collection crews as safe as possible while carrying out their duties. To help us do this please:
- follow the social distancing guidelines
- ensure all waste is contained in your bins with the lid closed and no waste is loose at a collection point
- anyone who feels ill at home (whether diagnosed with COVID-19 or not) should place all their waste in the general rubbish bin, and should double-bag it, making sure the bags are securely tied. Wait at least 72 hours before placing it out for collection. This material should not be put in your recycling.
If your waste is collected in sacks
You will remain on a weekly general rubbish and recycling collection service.