How to get in touch with the One Stop Shop service
Information, advice and support
Our network of libraries is available to provide you with information and advice on council services and, signpost you to dedicated specialist support if required. There is free access to computers to help you request services on-line and free Wi-Fi should you wish to access services using your own mobile device.
Specialist advice and support can be reached through a dedicated appointment triage line. Staff answering your call will guide you through any issues you may have. If we are unable to resolve your enquiry over the phone an appointment can be made for face-to-face support at a number of locations across the borough.
The appointment triage line can be contacted on 0151 606 2005, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
You can also follow the links to access these services online without visiting a One Stop Shop:
- apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support
- register for Property Pool Plus (housing waiting list)
- use the 'Tell Us Once' service to tell council and government services about a death
- report a change of address or circumstances for Housing benefit or Council Tax Support
- apply for Discretionary Housing Payment or Council Tax Discretionary Hardship payment
- ask for help with paying Council Tax
- homelessness prevention and housing advice (Housing Options)
- apply for a new or replacement blue badge
- pay for the garden waste brown bin subscription service
Please bring along all relevant documentation and evidence with you.