Services available by appointment only
Wirral Council’s One Stop Shops offer the following services, but you will need to make an appointment. Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time as late arrival may mean we are unable to deal with your enquiry.
You will need an hour for the following appointments. You can also follow the links to do each of these things online without visiting a One Stop Shop:
- apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support
- register for Property Pool Plus (housing waiting list)
- use the Tell Us Once service to tell council and government services about a death
Please allow at least half an hour for each of the following appointments. You can also follow the links below to do each of these things online without visiting a One Stop Shop:
- report a change of address for Housing benefit or Council Tax Support
- apply for Discretionary Housing Payment or Council Tax Discretionary Hardship payment
- ask for help with paying Council Tax
- report a change in circumstances for Property Pool Plus
- apply for Property Pool Plus health and welfare assessment
If you aren’t sure about what evidence you need to provide for your Housing Benefit it may be better to arrange an appointment so that an advisor can check your application.
To make an appointment call 0151 606 2220.
Please bring along all completed application forms and relevant documentation.
If you can’t get an appointment
Services for which you don't need an appointment
You don’t need an appointment to see an advisor about any of the following services, but you may have to wait at busy times. You can also follow the links below to do each of these things online without visiting a One Stop Shop:
- tell us about a change of circumstances for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support
- explanation of a complex Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support letter
- query non-payment of Housing Benefit Council Tax Support
- eligibility to receive a foodbank voucher
- homelessness prevention and housing advice (Housing Options)
- apply for a new or replacement disabled blue badge
- pay for the garden waste brown bin subscription service (£5 discount if you do it online)
Please bring all relevant evidence along with you.
Handing in forms or documents
You don’t need an appointment to hand in forms or documents for many services. For some services, such as Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit, you may have to wait to see someone.