The online school place application system is unavailable between midnight to 4am whilst it is being backed up.
Applications for school places in September 2022
If your child is due to move up to Foundation 2 in a primary school or Year 7 in a secondary school in September 2022, and you are a Wirral resident, the online application process is now open.
Assessment for grammar school education in 2022
Online registration for year six assessment to attend a non-Catholic grammar school in Wirral in 2022 is now closed.
The test comprises two tests taken on the same day - the assessment date is currently expected to be 20 September 2021. This may change due to the COVID-19 pandemic if required by Public Health England (PHE) or other government guidance. The tests will be provided by GL Assessment and will include questions on verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning and mathematics.
All children will take the assessment at a test centre. We will require proof of ID for your child before they can be assessed.
- Download a booklet that explains how the assessments work, 2022 Year 7 (PDF, 527KB)
- Download to print ID form (PDF, 173KB)
No arrangements will be made to assess children if request forms are received after 31 May 2021, unless they have moved to Wirral from outside of the borough.
Primary school information for parents
The online application process for children who are due to start Foundation 2 in September 2022 is now open.
- Primary education booklet (PDF, 3MB)
- Primary admissions policies (PDF, 4MB)
- Primary school parental preference form 2022-2023 (PDF, 489KB)
Secondary school information for parents
The online application process for children who are due to start Year 7 in September 2022 is now open.
- Secondary information for parents
- Secondary admissions policies (PDF, 726KB)
- Secondary school parental preference application form 2022-2023 (PDF, 775KB)
Apply for a transfer to a Wirral primary or secondary school
Admission to Wirral schools is co-ordinated by the council. Schools cannot offer places directly. Parents are advised to discuss the reason for requesting a transfer with their current school prior to making an application.
To apply for a transfer between schools or from outside Wirral, we recommend that you register and apply online:
We recommend that you apply online. If you are not able to apply online, download and complete one of the forms below and email the completed scanned form to firstname.lastname@example.org or return to the postal address provided. Please note that posted application forms can take more than 7 days to arrive with the Admissions team.
- In year transfer for primary aged children (Foundation 2 to Year 6)
- In year transfer for secondary aged children (Year 7 to Year 11)