There is a now a new system to claim free school meals for children.

Contact your child's school to sign up to the school's free online system. You will also need to contact the school if you no longer require free school meals.

Schools - check which pupils have free school meals

The Ed Bens Connect system allows schools to see which of their pupils have been awarded free school meals. The system is completely secure and schools can only view data about their own pupils. You can register as a user of Ed Bens Connect on this website.

Log in or register for Ed Bens Connect

Help with the cost of school uniforms

There is no uniform grant in Wirral as the council does not compel uniforms in schools.

Some schools will have free or low-cost uniform schemes. Wirral FUSS  
collects and distributes recycled uniforms free of charge to anyone who needs them.