High hedge legislation aims to overcome harm that is sometimes caused by a neighbouring High Hedge. The following leaflets provide information about the process:

The Communities and Local Government website contains detailed guidance on how you can resolve disputes about problem high hedges, without involving the council.

Asking the council to inspect a high hedge will incur a charge. Payment can be made online by card below.

Request an initial site survey and inspection

Pay online for your application by card (select 'Other Payments' on the menu)

Make a complaint about a high hedge

Overhanging hedges

Hedges that hang over on to pavements blocking the way are a problem. The council can take action to ensure hedges are trimmed.

Further information on hedges blocking pavements can be found at: