It’s an offence to block a public road and you may be fined if you cause an obstruction. The council has no authority over privately owned roads or private property.
To report an obstruction that poses an immediate danger to the public – like a fallen tree that is blocking a public road - please phone:
- 0151 606 2004 - Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
- 0151 647 7810 - Outside of these hours
Report vehicles causing an obstruction
- report any vehicles that are causing an obstruction to Merseyside police
- report an abandoned vehicle to the police
Reporting road obstructions
- report overhanging trees or shrubs that are causing an obstruction on a road or pavement
- report A-boards, shop displays or pavement cafes causing an obstruction
- report vehicles being sold or repaired on the highway as a business
Report a problem with an advertising trailer on a road
If an advertising trailer is causing a danger to highway safety or obstructing the use of the highway, please contact the police. Otherwise, you can use the enforcement complaint form to report a problem with an advertising trailer on the highway.
Apply for permission to build a car crossing
You must apply for permission to build a vehicle crossing with a dropped kerb outside your house. You may also need planning permission. Any unauthorised crossings may be removed and you could be billed for the cost of the work.
Wirral Council is currently carrying out a tender exercise to appoint a company to build vehicle crossings on its behalf. This will cause a delay in providing this service. Applications for all new vehicle crossings have now been suspended until Autumn 2018.
Please refer back to this page for updates. Please accept our apologies for the delay and thank you for your understanding and patience.