Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Plan
Wirral Council resolved to legally ‘make’ the Neighbourhood Development Plan for Devonshire Park on 14 December 2015.
Decisions on whether or not to grant planning permission in Devonshire Park will now need to be made in accordance with the Neighbourhood Development Plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
A copy of the Council’s Decision Statement and the final version of the Neighbourhood Development Plan can be viewed below:
Neighbourhood Forum and Neighbourhood Area Re-Designation
The Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Planning Forum was re-designated on 2 October 2018 with a life of five years.
- Neighbourhood Forum Application
- Neighbourhood Forum Constitution
- Neighbourhood Area Boundary
- Consultation Responses Received
Further information on the Council's decision to designate can be viewed on the Council's Democracy pages.
Further information on the emerging proposals for the Area can be obtained from the Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Forum.
Wirral Council agreed to designate the Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Planning Forum on 30 April 2013 with a life of five years. Further details can be found on the Residents’ Association website
The forum issued a draft neighbourhood plan for public consultation on 31 May 2013 and submitted their final proposals to the council on 14 November 2014, which were published by the council for public comment on 8 December 2014. The deadline for comments was 6 February 2015.
The draft neighbourhood plan and the comments received were submitted to an independent examiner, who recommended that the plan should proceed to a local referendum subject to a number of modifications. The council accepted the examiner's recommendations and the modified documents were published in July 2015:
- Notice of Publication 1 July 2015
- Notification Letter 1 July 2015
- Council Decision Statement July 2015
- Report of the Independent Examiner May 2015
- Document 1 - Proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan (Revised July 2015)
- Document 2 - Map of the Plan Area
- Document 3 - Consultation Statement (Revised July 2015)
- Consultation Statement (Revised July 2015 Tracked)
- Appendix 3.1 Pre-Designation Consultation
- Appendix 3.2 Pre-Submission Consultation
- Appendix 3.3 Pre-Submission Consultation Responses
- Appendix 3.4 Report of Responses to Consultation
- Document 4 - Basic Conditions Statement (Revised July 2015)
- Appendix 4.1 Unitary Development Plan Policies (Revised July 2015)
- Appendix 4.2 Joint Waste Local Plan Policies
- Appendix 4.3 Core Strategy Policies
- Appendix 4.4 Sustainability Assessment (Revised July 2015)
- Appendix 4.5 Habitats Regulations Assessment (Revised July 2015)
- Appendix 4.6 Strategic Environmental Assessment (Revised July 2015)
- Appendix 4.7 Background Data Tables
- Equality Impact Assessment (Revised July 2015)
Additional examination documents
- Representations Received under Regulation 16
- Council Report of Responses to Post Submission Consultation
- Representations Received on SEA and HRA Reports
- Additional Information Requested by the Examiner
View the wider background to the publication of the proposed Neighbourhood Plan.
The local referendum on the Neighbourhood Development Plan for Devonshire Park, as modified following independent examination, took place on 22 October 2015. Of those who voted, 92% were in favour of using the Plan to help decide planning applications within the Neighbourhood Area. Find out more about the results of the referendum
The Council’s Cabinet recommended the final ‘making’ of the Neighbourhood Development Plan on 5 November 2015. View the wider background to the decision (Item 69 refers).