|Monday to Friday||9.30am to 4.30pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
Access to the Wirral Archives Service is by appointment only.
If you wish to visit Wirral Archive Services, please bear in the mind the following:
- if you would like to visit please contact us in advance to make an appointment and to confirm that we have the records you require
- on the intercom ring the buzzer for Wirral Archives Service and we will open the door for you remotely (it opens towards you) - follow the red squares to the Search Room
- upon arrival, you will be asked to sign our visitors' book, and to show identification if you have made an appointment to view confidential records
- lockers are available to store your bags
- please bring a pencil with you to make notes as pens are not allowed in the search room
- the search room is accessible for wheelchair users
- there may be a reduced service over lunchtime in respect of photocopying and retrieving records from the Strong Room
- food and drink is not allowed in the Search Room but there is a small area adjacent to it where you may have lunch - there is also a café near Hamilton Square station
Please remember to contact us before you visit so we can prepare for you and let us know what you think of our service by filling in a feedback form.
Telephone: 0151 606 2929
Email: [email protected]
Wirral Archives Service
Lower Ground Floor
Cheshire Lines Building
Access to Wirral Archives Service is via Shore Road, Birkenhead.
There are metal steps leading down from Canning Street to the entrance of the Lower Ground Floor of the Cheshire Lines Building, although for safety reasons, we do not promote the steps for our users. However if you wish, we could bring you down from Canning Street in the lift (the lobby is to the right of the metal steps).
Please ring 0151 606 2929 and let us know when you will be there to be collected. A sign on the lobby also shows this number for mobile phone users.
There is no car parking available at Cheshire Lines building.
In addition to the Bridge Street car park, car users may use the pay and display public car parks available near Conway Park Station and on Cleveland Street.