Wirral library members have free access to our online resources. You can access these resources at every Wirral library and at home.
Just login to your account and click on the 'online reference' tab.
Online resources available include:
- Who’s Who - Autobiographical listings of 33 000 influential people from around the globe who have an impact on British life, including senior politicians, judges, civil servants, and notable figures from the arts, academia, and other areas.
- Oxford Art Online - The most extensive, authoritative and easily searchable online art resource available today.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biographies - An illustrated collection of more than 50 000 specially written biographies of the men and women from around the world who shaped all aspects of Britain's past.
- Oxford Bibliographies offers exclusive, authoritative research guides. Combining the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia, this cutting-edge resource guides researchers to the best available scholarship across a wide variety of subjects.
- Who’s Who: the essential directory of the noteworthy and influential in every area of public life, published worldwide, and written by the entrants themselves.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online Library Edition - Search for information in encyclopaedias, magazines, videos, and websites.
- Findmypast.co.uk - Use a computer in any Wirral library for free access. With over 4 billion records and 11 million historic newspaper pages to explore, Findmypast is the best place to discover your family’s story.
General reference resources
- Oxford Reference Online - Oxford Reference Online brings together language and subject reference works from one of the world's biggest reference publishers into a single cross-searchable resource.
- 19th Century Newspapers - Full runs of 48 newspapers specially selected by the British Library to best represent nineteenth century Britain.
- Access UK & Ireland Newspapers: Full-text content of :- The Daily Mirror, The Sunday Mirror, The Express, The Express on Sunday, The Guardian, The Independent, The Independent on Sunday, The Observer, The Sunday Times, The Times, The Liverpool Echo, Wirral Globe... and more.
- Public Information Online - A web-based archive of searchable parliamentary and official documents and is the only resource which will allow you to view so many parliamentary publications in one place as PDFs. It contains publications from the Westminster Parliament, Scottish Parliament, Northern Ireland Assembly, National Assembly for Wales, Scottish Government and also Non-Parliamentary material
- Which? Access thousands of product reviews from within Wirral Libraries - Ask staff for login details.