Change of address
Let us know straight away when you move house so we can adjust your bill and make sure you pay the right amount of Council Tax.
If you have told us about a change of address and are waiting for a new bill, please continue to pay on your old Wirral bill, if you have one. Otherwise check how much your bill will be and set aside money for when your new bill arrives.
Register for Council Tax
If you move into a new home in Wirral you will need to register for Council Tax.
Other changes in your circumstances
You must tell us about changes such as:
- leaving the property empty
- if someone in your household dies
- if you have sold a property
- if you have moved temporarily
- if you're no longer entitled to a discount or exemption
- you've changed your name, for example due to marriage
- if someone moves into or out of your household
If you don't tell us straight away you may be liable to repay any discounts to which you are no longer entitled.
Tenants moving in or out
If you are a landlord you must tell us if you have tenants moving in or out of your property.