Any vehicle used as a hackney carriage vehicle in Wirral must first be licensed by Wirral Council.
Hackney carriage vehicles must be purpose-built and designed to carry a maximum of 8 passengers. All hackney carriage vehicles on Wirral must be fully wheelchair accessible.
Further to a decision of the Licensing, Health and Safety and General Purposes Committee, Wirral Council currently has a limit of 289 Hackney carriage vehicle licences.
There are currently a number of hackney carriage vehicle licences available.
Once completed please contact the Licensing Office on 0151 691 8043 to make an appointment to submit your application form.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- V5C in applicants name, V5C section 10 (new keeper details) or purchase invoice from a dealership
- Compliance pass certificate (no more than 28 days old)
- MOT certificate (no more than 28 days old)
- Current insurance certificate / cover note
- Taximeter calibration certificate
- proof of address for each applicant / limited company. This must be either a utility bill, bank/credit card/benefit/council tax statement or central/local government document which is no more than 3 months old
- Correct licence fee - payable by credit/debit card, cheque, postal order
Processing and timescales
Once application form completed and all above documents available please contact the Licensing Section on 0151 691 8043 to make an appointment and submit your application.