If you have waste that is too large for your bin we can collect these items from you.
£32.00 per visit for up to six separate items.
Book a large item collection
We aim to offer residents a collection within 10 working days, but this will depend on demand. When booking, the collection day offered is the closest date available.
You will have to list the items that you want to have collected. Items not listed will not be collected on the day.
Items we collect
- bathroom fittings
- bikes and exercise equipment
- dishwasher, washing machines and tumble dryers
- garden appliances, for example lawn mower, barbecue
- garden furniture
- fridges, freezers, cookers and microwaves
- sofas, chairs and tables
- televisions and TV cabinets and stands
- wardrobes and chest of drawers
Items we don't collect
If the collection point is up or down stairs, an assessment will be made at the time of collection as to whether the items are safe to be removed. If it is deemed unsafe, the items will not be collected and no refund will apply. Please consider if you have a more suitable collection point.
We do not collect some items. It is your responsibility to dispose of these properly at a Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC).
We do not collect:
- items that are too big or heavy for two people to move and lift safely into a vehicle, for example, a grand piano
- items that are dangerous to lift, or could damage a vehicle, because of sharp edges for example
- dangerous waste like asbestos, chemicals or paint stripper
- waste left in your home by building or repair work
- window frames, external doors and conservatories
- greenhouses and pallets
- tyres, gas canisters, car batteries, parts or engines
- items such cupboards and fridges that are not empty, apart from their own fixtures
Collection days in your area
|New Ferry||Saughall Massie||Greasby||Noctorum|
|Raby Mere||Wallasey Village||Hoylake|
How to change or cancel your collection
If you booked a collection using your MyWirral Account, you can log in and change or cancel it yourself.
If you booked it without an account please call 0151 606 2004 to make a change.
Changes cannot be made less than 24 hours before your collection time. If your collection is due on a Monday, any changes must be made before 12:00 noon on the Friday before.
Commercial waste disposal
The council is not responsible for commercial waste. Businesses including charities must make their own arrangements with a private waste contractor. More information on commercial waste.