If you have waste that is too large for your bin we can collect these items from you.
£29.50 per visit for up to 6 separate items (from 1 April 2020).
Book a large item collection
To ensure that we can operate this service during the current pandemic, we have reduced the number of collections able to be booked each day. We aim to offer residents a collection within 10 working days, but this will depend on demand. When booking, the collection day offered is the closest date available.
You will have to list the items that you want to have collected. Items not listed will not be collected on the day.
Items we collect
- bathroom fittings
- bikes and exercise equipment
- dishwasher, washing machines and tumble dryers
- garden appliances, for example lawn mower, barbecue
- garden furniture
- fridges, freezers, cookers and microwaves
- sofas, chairs and tables
- televisions and TV cabinets/stands
- wardrobes and chest of drawers
Items we don't collect
We do not collect some items. It is your responsibility to dispose of these properly at a Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC).
We do not collect:
- items that are too big or heavy for 2 people to move and lift safely into a vehicle, for example, a grand piano
- items that are dangerous to lift, or could damage a vehicle, because of sharp edges for example
- dangerous waste like asbestos, chemicals or paint stripper
- waste left in your home by building or repair work
- window frames, external doors and conservatories
- greenhouses and pallets
- tyres, gas canisters, car batteries, parts or engines
- items such cupboards and fridges that are not empty, apart from their own fixtures
Collection days in your area
|New Ferry||Saughall Massie||Greasby||Noctorum|
|Raby Mere||Wallasey Village||Hoylake|
Cancelling a large item collection
You can cancel the collection of your bulky item if you change your mind. If you need to cancel a collection call Streetscene on 0151 606 2004.
You can get a refund as long as you cancel before midday on the working day (Monday to Friday) before the day the collection is due. If you cancel a collection after that time you will be liable for the full cost of the collection.
Commercial waste disposal
The council is not responsible for commercial waste. Businesses including charities must make their own arrangements with a private waste contractor. More information on commercial waste.