If you have waste that is too large for your bin we can collect these items from you.
£27.30 per visit for up to 6 separate items.
Book a large item collection
We will aim to make collections within 10 working days but they may take longer at busy times such as bank holidays.
You will have to list the items that you want to have collected. Items not listed will not be collected on the day.
Items we collect
- bathroom fittings
- bikes and exercise equipment
- dishwasher, washing machines and tumble dryers
- garden appliances, for example lawn mower, barbecue
- garden furniture
- fridges, freezers, cookers and microwaves
- sofas, chairs and tables
- televisions and TV cabinets/stands
- wardrobes and chest of drawers
- View a full list of items we collect (previously known as ERIC)
Items we don't collect
We do not collect some items. It's your responsibility to dispose of these properly at a Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
We don't collect:
- items that are too big or heavy for two people to move and lift safely into a vehicle, eg grand piano
- items that are dangerous to lift, or could damage a vehicle, because of sharp edges for example
- dangerous waste like asbestos, chemicals or paint stripper
- waste left in your home by building or repair work
- window frames, external doors and conservatories
- greenhouses and pallets
- tyres, gas canisters, car batteries, parts or engines
- items such cupboards and fridges that are not empty, apart from their own fixtures
Cancelling a large item collection
You can cancel the collection of your bulky item if you change your mind. If you need to cancel a collection call Streetscene on 0151 606 2004.
You can get a refund as long as you cancel before 12.00pm on the working day (Monday to Friday) before the day the collection is due. If you cancel a collection after that time you will be liable for the full cost of the collection.
Recycling large items
Before you arrange for us to collect an unwanted item for disposal, have you considered donating it to charity? If your item is still in good condition, it’s quite likely that someone else could use it.
There are a lot of charities in Wirral that collect reusable household items (often free of charge) including:
You can also take items to your local rubbish tip free of charge. All Wirral sites accept furniture and electrical items.
Commercial waste disposal
The council is not responsible for commercial waste. Businesses including charities must make their own arrangements with a private waste contractor. More information on commercial waste.