Submitting a petition
Wirral Council welcomes petitions and recognises that they are a way in which people can let us know their concerns about issues affecting the region.
An ePetition can be created by you and signed by other local people using this web site. This allows supporting information to be made available to a potentially much wider audience than a traditional paper-based petition.
Before submitting a petition, please read our guidance:
You can also download a standard paper petition form and submit it to the address given on the form:
We can’t accept a petition if:
- it relates to an identifiable person
- it might lead to the Council acting illegally
- it clearly supports the financial interests of the person submitting the petition
- it contains matters associated with political parties or organisations
- it refers to a matter which is already the subject of legal proceedings
- it’s submitted from employees regarding terms and conditions of employment
- it duplicates a previous petition submitted within the previous six months
If the subject is a particular licensing or planning application, then it will be reported to the appropriate meetings that deal with the application.