If you’re disabled or elderly, making changes to your home can help you to move around it more easily.
Disabled Facility Grant
You can apply for a grant called the Disabled Facility Grant (DFG) which can be used to pay for facilities for your home. You can apply for the grant whether you rent or own your home.
Wirral Council manages applications and decides on the most appropriate scheme for you and your home. These changes are funded completely or partially by the grant and the amount of funding you receive will be based on your income
The adaptation scheme can help you with changes including:
- widening doors or installing ramps
- providing a level-access shower
- providing vertical lifts or stair lifts
- providing washing, bathing or toilet facilities on the ground floor
- providing access to a garden
The council will ensure that the changes are suitable for your needs and this is done with the help of an Occupational Therapist.
If you require changes to your home
If you need changes to your home you can complete an assessment form to tell us about your needs. You can use the form to tell us about any benefits you receive. This will help us to decide if you are eligible for any financial assistance.
If you receive benefits you will need to send a digital copy of your benefits letter with the form.
For further information please contact us:
- for adults, call 0151 514 2222 (option 3) or 0151 691 8090
- for children, call 0151 606 2008