This film provides first-hand accounts of domestic abuse and how, with the right support, safe solutions can be found.

Domestic violence is any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.

How to get help

If you need help to deal with domestic violence you can contact the Family Safety Unit on 0151 604 3567, Monday to  Friday, 9am 5pm.

In an emergency always dial 999.

Other ways you can get help:

Wirral Family Safety Unit

Wirral Family Safety Unit (FSU) is a team of qualified Independent Domestic Violence Advocates (IDVAs). An advocate is independent of police.

  • you will be listened to. You will be believed. If the IDVA is unable to advise or support you, they will identify someone who can

  • they will assess your risk and together agree a plan to provide you with support and safety to reduce the risk to you and your children

  • they understand how your children may have been affected and can help you to provide them with the support they need

  • they can support you with ending an abusive or dangerous relationship safely

  • they can provide information about housing and how you will manage financially

  • your IDVA can assist with any civil action such as going to court for a non-molestation order or injunction to keep you and your family safe

  • there is no fee for our service