Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is extra funding available for all early years providers that offer early years education for 3 and 4 year olds. The extra funding can be used to further improve the quality of education provided for disadvantaged children.
The EYPP provides an extra 53 pence per hour for eligible 3 and 4 years olds. This means an extra £302.10 a year for each eligible child taking up the full 570 hours of funded entitlement for early education.
Who is eligible for funding?
If you receive at least one of the benefits listed below, your child’s early years provider will be entitled to EYPP:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit, if a parent is entitled to Universal Credit you must have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £7,400, assessed on up to three of the parent's most recent Universal Credit assessment periods.
Futher guidance on checking eligibility is set out below:
- they are currently being looked after by a local authority in England and Wales
- they have left care in England or Wales through:
- an adoption order
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
Children must receive free early education in order to attract EYPP funding, but they do not have to take up the full 570 hours they are entitled to.
Application for parents, legal guardians and professionals
Applications should only be completed if one of the above criteria is met.
- All applications for Autumn 2018 must be received by Friday 30 November 2018
- All applications for Spring 2019 must be received by Friday 11 January 2019
- All applications for Summer 2019 must be received by Friday 10 May 2019.
Information for providers
The Local Authority will check the eligibility of EYPP based on the submitted information and will provide you with a list of children who you have received EYPP payment for on a termly basis along with remittance advice.