If you own, live near to or know of an empty house or flat which has the potential for people to live in, it please report it to the Council's Empty Property team.

Report an empty property

We’re dedicated to returning empty properties back into use. This helps to:

  • increase the supply of much needed housing
  • reduce homelessness
  • contribute to the regeneration of an area

If you own a vacant property

There are initiatives designed to help you get your property back in to use:

  • help in selling a vacant property in need of substantial refurbishment
  • assistance in leasing your property, refurbishing it and letting it out with a proportion of the rent paid to you as the owner
  • an Empty Property Grant to assist you with refurbishment
  • Developers List – A scheme whereby we can notify property developers of properties available for sale, where the owners have requested marketing assistance from the Council. Interested parties will be invited to view properties and have the option of making sealed bids. To join the Developers Circulation List, please submit an application form
  • Developers Circulation list application
  • Find out how much it can cost to keep a property empty and what help is available to bring it back into use

Contact us

The Housing Renewal Team at Wirral Council is here to help. If you would like to consider any of these options or would like to know more about any of the support outlined, please contact the Housing Renewal Team.

Telephone: 0151 691 8132
email: [email protected]