What will I learn?
The course is designed for individuals who wish to gain a qualification in Food Allergy Awareness. It is significant for learners who wish to gain employment or voluntary work within a catering environment. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to food allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Regulations on labelling and enforcement
- The 14 named allergens and others
- Cross contamination
- Communication and customer service
How will I do this?
- Microsoft Teams (free download)
- PowerPoint presentation
- YouTube videos
- Completion of a short learning diary - to record your progress
- “Getting Online” support is available
Course tutor: Debbie McColm.