Benefits of Family Learning
- Raises children’s achievements
- Encourages parents to support their children's learning
- Promotes a learning culture in the family
- Increases parents’ confidence
- Encourages parents to improve to their own learning/qualifications
What our learners say
“I enjoyed the atmosphere and learning how literacy skills can be practiced at home” (St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School)
“I liked the fact that nothing was too hard but at the same time felt challenged” (Town Lane Infant School)
"The parents really enjoy being able to help their children with English and the children love their parents helping them. It has been incredible to see some parents growing in confidence and even volunteering in schools". (Gill Linfield ESOL tutor)
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, all courses for parents and carers are now available online.
How will I do this?
- Microsoft teams (free download)
- PowerPoint presentation
- YouTube video’s
- Completion of a short learning diary – to record your progress
- “Getting Online” support is available
Course tutors: Jill Mothersole, Maria Brand and Debbie McColm.