What will I learn?
Build a basic knowledge of the key safeguarding issues around social media and technology. Find out how different technology and social media can impact children and young people and how it can be abused and open them up to safeguarding concerns. We are all different, so we explore a variety of things to consider trying with your families to find out which work best for you in your home.
How will I do this?
This is a 2hr workshop with CPD accreditation. The course is a mixture of theory and practical activities
- You will need access to Zoom (free download)
- PowerPoint presentation through screen sharing
- Video’s through screen sharing
- Handouts – through Messenger
- Email or WhatsApp
- Completion of an evaluation – to record your activity/learning and what you felt about it
Course tutor: Lynne Akwei-Howe