Sustainability Appraisal is a process which must be undertaken alongside the preparation of a new Local Plan. It is a mechanism for considering the likely social, economic and environmental effects of a draft plan.
The aim is to ensure that the plan contributes to the achievement of sustainable development.
- SA1.1 Interim Sustainability Appraisal 2019
- SA1.2 Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report 2019 A
- SA1.3 Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report 2019 B (10.5MB)
- SA1.4 Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report 2019 C
- SA1.5 Equality Impact Assessment Scoping Report 2019
- SA1.6 Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Consultation Responses 2019
Habitats Regulations Assessment
This interim report sets out the implications of the Issues and Options Local Plan for the protection of designated European sites, to comply with the legal requirements of the national habitats regulations.
To make comments on any of these documents, visit the Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment consultation on the Council's Consultation Portal.
Consultation on the scope of the Sustainability Appraisal and Equalities Impact Assessment for the new Local Plan took place in March 2019.