As part of the preparation of the Local Plan we would like to know if there are potential sites or broad locations that should be put forward for further consideration.
There is no need to submit a site to us again if you have already done so unless you would like to update us on any significant changes. You can submit sites for any type of future use including housing, employment, retail.
Sites submitted through this ‘Call for Sites’ process will be considered through a subsequent update of the Council’s Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA). This will consider whether the site is suitable, available and achievable. The Council may contact you to clarify details or request further information.
The Council will consider any submission of sites for potential residential development as part of the update of the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2020, the cut off date for which is 31st March 2020. Please note that even if we identify land in our SHLAA as having potential for housing development, this does not indicate or confirm that we will allocate the site for development or that we will grant planning permission in the future.
Submitting a site
You can submit a site by completing a 'Call for Sites' form via the Council’s online consultation portal.
View the Call for Sites consultation on the Portal
If you are unable to use the portal, please fill in a call for sites form:
Send completed forms via email to email@example.com or by post to:
Forward Planning Team
PO Box 290
Please note that whilst your personal details will be protected the site details you submit may be included in the updated SHLAA.
In order to identify the site to be considered, please upload or attach a site plan (1:1,250 or 1:2,500 in scale) with the boundaries of the site clearly outlined in red and the part that you think is suitable for new homes (if this is not the whole site area).
Important: Before completing the form, please read the following guidance notes.
- Please do not re-submit sites that have already been submitted unless you wish to update key information.
- We cannot treat the information you submit as confidential.
- Please complete as much detail as possible.
- Attach an up to date Ordnance Survey based map at 1:1250 or 1:2500 outlining the precise boundaries of the site in red and the part that you think is suitable for new homes (if this is not the whole site area). Without this mapped information we are unable to register the site.
- Use a separate form for each site you submit.
- Please do not submit sites that already have planning permission for development unless a new and different proposal is likely in the future.
If you have any queries regarding our call for sites or would like to request a call for sites form please contact us:
Tel: 0151 691 8235