Supplementary planning documents provide additional information on the detailed application of development plan policies to help land owners and developers prepare acceptable planning applications. They are material considerations for planning decisions.
Four supplementary planning documents have been adopted:
- SPD1 – Designing for Development by Mobile Phone Operators (October 2006)
- SPD2 – Designing for Self Contained Flat Development & Conversions (October 2006)
- SPD3 – Hot Food Takeaways, Restaurants, Cafes & Drinking Establishments (October 2006)
- SPD4 – Parking Standards (June 2007)
The council is currently preparing four new supplementary planning documents to support the implementation of the Core Strategy Local Plan.
- Proposed Residential Development SPD
- Proposed Employment Uses SPD
- Proposed Town Centre Uses SPD
- Proposed Telecommunications Development SPD
Initial consultation on the content of the documents took place in July 2013. The deadline for comments was 13 September 2013.
The preparation of these supplementary planning documents is linked to the timetable for the revised proposed submission draft Core Strategy Local Plan.