This draft Strategy identifies opportunities across the Borough to protect and enhance GBI, helping guide the investment and delivery of GBI and its associated benefits. The Strategy also supports and informs policy to be included in the Local Plan 2020 to 2037, as required by the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
The Strategy has three aims:
- to review the extent to which GBI assets (both ‘green’ and ‘blue’) are functioning well;
- to identify where there are existing and anticipated future gaps in GBI provision; and
- to set out what actions and interventions could enhance the current provision.
- GI4.1 - Draft Green and Blue Infrastructure Strategy Part 1
- GI4.2 - Draft Green and Blue Infrastructure Strategy Part 2
- GI4.3 - Draft Green and Blue Infrastructure Strategy - Priority GBI Opportunities
To comment on document GI4, visit the Green and Blue Infrastructure Strategy consultation on the Council's Consultation Portal.