This study provides an up-to-date assessment of retail and leisure needs over a fifteen-year period to 2034, together with a review of the health of the Borough’s town, district and local centres. It identifies the future retail and leisure capacity of each centre, assesses the appropriateness of the centre hierarchy and reviews the boundaries to the town centres and defined retail frontages to be shown on the Local Plan policies map.
- EE3.1 Wirral Retail and Centres Study Study 2019
- EE3.2 Appendix A - Wirral Policy Overview
- EE3.3 Appendix B - Retail Leisure Trends and Government Response
- EE3.4 Appendix C - Shopping Patterns
- EE3.5 Appendix D - Experian Mosaic Summary
- EE3.6 Appendix E - Town Centres - Vitality & Viability Health Check Assessments - Birkenhead, Heswall, Liscard, Moreton, West Kirby
- EE3.7 Appendix F - District Centres - Vitality & Viability Health Check Assessments - Bromborough, Hoylake, Prenton (Woodchurch Rd)
- EE3.8 Appendix G - All Local Centres - Vitality & Viability Health Check Assessments
- EE3.9 Appendix H - Vitality and Viability Health Check Methodology
- EE3.10 Appendix I - Quantitative Retail Need Assessment and Statistical Retail Needs Tables
- EE3.11 Appendix J - Commercial Leisure Need Assessment
- EE3.12 Appendix K - Recommended Town Centre Boundaries & Primary Shopping Areas
To make comments on any of these documents, visit the Evidence Base consultation on the Council's Consultation Portal.