The building control system exists to ensure buildings are properly designed and constructed. Buildings must ensure the health, safety and welfare of people using them and must also be convenient to use.
The Local Authority Building Control has building regulations guidance for many common building work projects for the home. You can also read case studies outlining people's real experience of tackling a number of the projects.
- Building Control News and Updates
- Local Authority Building Control
- Home & Build - Home and Build offers a step-by-step guide to help you develop your home.
- find a registered electrician - A register of electricians belonging to the various CPS schemes
- Electrical safety first - for general advice, guidance and information in easy to understand formats
- Federation of Master Builders
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Competent persons scheme - find a registered competent person
- Institute of Structural Engineers
- Approved Documents
- Approved Energy Assessor Accreditation Schemes- for persons to undertake EPCs or SAPs