Charges are payable for work undertaken by the Building Control Service in relation to Building Regulation applications. 

There are three types of charges, depending on the type of work you wish to do. Charges and information on how to pay them are included in the document below:

Exemptions from Charges

If the work is solely for the benefit of a disabled person you may be exempt from the payment of charges.  Please contact us for more advice.

How to pay

You can pay the relevant fee:

  • by telephone using credit or debit card on 0151 691 8454
  • in person using a credit or debit card or cheque at the address below, between the  hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
  • by post to Building Control, Economic and Housing Growth Directorate, PO Box 290, Brighton Street, Wallasey, CH27 9FQ

Please note we do not accept cash payment.

If you require assistance with charges, please contact us on 0151 691 8454 or email