If your driveway is regularly blocked by parked cars it may be possible to request that a white access protection marking are painted onto the road.
To apply for an access protection marking you must confirm that:
- there are no parking restrictions outside the house, for example bus stops or yellow lines
- there is a driveway and access is via a dropped kerb pavement
An access protection marking will only be painted to the same width as the dropped kerb driveway.
The current charge for this service is:
- £175.62 for a single Driveway (no charge for people with disabilities)
- £351.24 Double Driveway (no charge for people with disabilities)
- the cost to mark a commercial crossing will vary depending on size