Description of the Scheme
This project will involve the implementation of new off-road walking and cycling facilities. This will increase connectivity on the A41 between Wirral International Business and Croft Retail Park.
Work for the project will involve:
- 2km of new off-road walking and cycling infrastructure
- 2 new crossing facilities
Benefits of the Scheme
The project will see improvements made to the network for pedestrians and cyclists, making it safer and more accessible for residents to travel sustainably.
These improvements will:
- improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists
- provide attractive routes for pedestrians and cyclists
- improve health and wellbeing by encouraging walking and cycling
- improve air quality
How the scheme will be funded
The project is being funded by the Wirral Sustainable Transport Enhancements Programme Package (STEP).
There will be more than £1 million invested in the project.
The project is due for completion by March 2021.