Wirral Council as the local highway authority is responsible for the management of all the roads in the Borough, including:
- Responsibity for the safe movement of pedestrian and vehicular traffic on the highway
- The collection and analysis of statistical data in respect of traffic movements and accidents
- The design and implementation of traffic
- Waiting restrictions, speeding restrictions, one-way streets, weight limits and similar traffic management measures.
- On-street parking schemes and resident parking schemes
- Provision and maintenance of on-street electronic roadside equipment such as, traffic signals, CCTV, vehicle activated signs and pedestrian crossings
- Provision of facilities for the people with disabilities both on the highway and in car parks
- Road closures/diversions - temporary and permanent
- Road safety education, training and publicity
- Schools crossing patrol service
- Management of heavy loads across Wirral
- Working with Planning to consult of new developments
Wirral's Local Transport Plan aims to minimise the harmful impact of the car and to reduce congestion, speed and pollution.
Wirral’s Network Management Plan sets out how we will carry out the network management duty as required by the Department for Transport under the Traffic Management Act 2004.
For Traffic Management enquiries or feedback on the service please use the button on the right or contact Streetscene.
For more information on the motorway network please contact A-one+, Sankey House, 130 Birchwood Boulevard, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire WA3 7QH Tel: 01925 859250
Alternatively you can find more information via the Highways Agency web site.
Motorway and trunk road network travel information is available from Traffic England