What the council is doing to reduce fuel poverty
What the Council and its partners are doing to reduce fuel poverty
Wirral has an “Affordable Warmth” Strategy which co-ordinates action to reduce fuel poverty in the borough. The main aims of the Strategy are around raising awareness of fuel poverty amongst people who can help households, increasing partnership working, providing information and advice to households, influencing policy and improving home energy efficiency. If you would like to get involved in helping to reduce fuel poverty in Wirral, please contact us.
Wirral Fuel Poverty Forum
Wirral Fuel Poverty Forum meets every 3-6 months to share ideas and learn about best practice on tackling fuel poverty. Topics have included:
• a Wirral initiative installing solar water heating to reduce energy bills in fuel poor households
• how the Energy Saving Trust advice centre operates
• how the Government is urging local authorities to use their legal powers to improve the worst properties
• innovative ways to reduce energy loss through homes without cavity walls.
• Wirral Fuel Poverty Forum quarterly newsletter
If you are interested in attending the Forum or receiving the newsletter, please contact us.