Putting your bin out for collection (Section 46 EPA)
- Put your bin at the kerbside or designated collection point by 7am on the day of collection.
- Ensure that your bins are labelled with your street name and number and presented for collection with the lid closed.
- Ensure handles are facing the road.
- Ensure the lid is shut and all waste is contained within the bin, no side waste is to be presented.
- Store your bins on your own property at all times other than on collection day.
- Once your bin has been collected, please bring it back onto your property at the earliest opportunity.
- Don’t dump or leave waste that you cannot fit into your wheelie bin at the side of your wheelie bin, or in an alley on collection day.
- Don’t contaminate your recycling bins and garden waste bins by putting the wrong waste or items in them.
Bins left out for long periods of time with no address on may be considered abandoned and be removed.
*Where sites have or need communal larger bins then the same principals of the rules above apply.
Alternatively you can arrange for the collection of some bulky items through the ERIC Service by contacting Streetscene.
Where any person is found to have not secured their waste, the Council can serve a legal Notice in accordance with Section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
Missing or Damaged Bin?
If you do not have a green and/or grey wheelie bin, please contact Streetscene by phone (0151 606 2004), email (email@example.com) or online . where the appropriate bins may be purchased.