Missed bin collections
Sometimes bins, whether recycling or rubbish, are missed due to areas outside of our control; such as vehicles blocking access to roads or roadworks.
However there may be other reasons why we couldn’t empty your bin; these are listed below. We will not return to make the collection for these reasons, you will need to make arrangements to dispose of your waste yourself. You could take your waste to one of the Household Waste Recycling Centres or remove and dispose correctly of the contamination and present your bin correctly for collection on your next scheduled date.
- Bin not being put out in time. Please set out your bin by 7am.
- Bin was not at the kerbside. Please make sure your bin is at the kerb in a safe place.
- Bin was too heavy. If a bin is too heavy the trucks will not be able to lift it. This may because you have added items which should not be disposed of in your wheelie bin like building rubble or stone.
- Bin full of garden rubbish. If you have a brown bin yet are still disposing of garden waste in your green wheelie bin we will not empty it. Please sort and recycle.
- Bin full of commercial waste. Please dispose of your commercial waste, e.g. from a shop or office, appropriately. The household domestic bins or for domestic waste only. Information on commercial waste is provided in the Business section.
If a missed bin is reported to us within three working days and has not been missed because of any of the above or another valid reason, it will be reported back to Biffa who will make every effort to return and collect the rubbish as soon as possible.
To report a missed bin collection use the online reporting button on the right or contact Streetscene.
If your bin goes missing on the day of collection or is damaged, please complete the online form "Report a lost, stolen or damaged bin online" (see bin charging for further details) Alternatively email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact Streetscene by phone (0151 606 2004).