Safeguarding Children

If a child appears to be in danger or at risk of abuse, children’s social care have a legal duty to make enquiries about the child, either on our own or in more serious situations with the police.

If we are still concerned about the child’s welfare, children’s social care will involve colleagues from other agencies. If you are worried about a particular child or children, please contact us to discuss your concerns.

If you are a parent or care and worried about a child see Wirral’s Local Safeguarding Children Board’s information for parents and carers here.

If you need to refer an urgent child protection matter for investigation then please contact the Central Advice and Duty Team:

Tel: (0151) 606 2008
Minicom: (0151) 666 5259
(0151) 604 3501

In the case of out of hours service contact Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on (0151) 677 6557. See further information about the Emergency Duty Team out of hours service.

If you are an agency requesting a service please complete and return the request for service form. You can also download guidance notes for completing a request for services form.

For details about how we work to together with other agencies to safeguard children and the full range of policies, procedures and practice guidance please visit the Wirral Local Safeguarding Children's Board pages.

Support for victims

If you or someone you know has been affected by crime Victim Care Merseyside can provide free advice and support.