We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect information which is necessary to enable us to deliver our services and we store and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
Information collected for Library Services
- name (Surname, First Name and Title)
- date of Birth
- address (including postcode)
- contact Details (Telephone number and Email Address)
- CCTV Images
In exceptional circumstances we may be required to share the information with;
- other Wirral Council Departments
- Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- National Health Service (NHS)
Purpose and Lawful basis for processing
- Service Delivery
- Service future planning and improvement
- Prevention and detection of crime/fraud
Depending on how we are processing your personal data will determine the legal basis for processing.
- To perform a function or provide a service required by statute (Article 6(1)(e) GDPR) - Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964;
- To comply with a legal obligation (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR) – Health and Safety legislation and the Crime and Disorder Act 1998;
- Where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (Article 1(b) GDPR);
Your rights are;
- to be informed. Our privacy notice is one of the ways we try and let you know how data is handled
- of accessing your personal information (exceptions apply in certain circumstances
- to update inaccurate data
- to restrict processing of any inaccurate data
- to object to certain processing e.g. such as direct marketing
- to data portability in cases where consent is given or processed by automated means
- to erase data if Wirral Council no longer has a lawful basis or legitimate grounds for processing it
- to complain about data handling
Wirral Council is your Data Controller. If you want any further information regarding: the lawful bases for processing your data; your rights, including how to complain; or who the Council’s Data Protection Officer is; visit the principal privacy notice.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We regularly review our privacy notice and encourage you to check it from time to time. This notice was last updated in June 2018.