The Schools’ Library Service is now putting together requests for the Spring term as usual, aiming to deliver resources to schools in the second week of the new term after Christmas.
Send requests for books and resources to SLS online using the downloadable order forms below. We appreciate that schools are working in ‘bubbles’ so we may know we may receive more than one form per school in some cases, or the odd individual request, however, whole school forms are preferable.
Half-term opening hours
Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 October, 9am to 4pm.
|Monday to Thursday||9am to 5pm|
|Friday to Sunday||Closed|
|Monday to Thursday||9am to 1pm|
|Friday to Sunday||Closed|
Schools’ Library Service can provide help and advice with:
- planning your school library
- new books and authors
- talks and display collections
- buying books
- library management and resource provision
- computerised library management systems
Resources are available for teachers from primary and special schools to borrow termly:
- project loans (including books, posters and AV materials as appropriate)
- class sets (various numbers of the same title)
- author sets (different books by the same author or illustrator)
- artefacts (a collection of historical, religious and cultural artefacts)
- whiteboard active (a selection of BBC whiteboard actives including CD ROMs with images, audio, interactive games and activities, and accompanying teaching notes)
- poetry collections
- story boxes (containing books, toys and games relating to a book or theme)
- Microbits (coding class sets of BBC microbits)
Downloadable request forms below.
Preferred deadline for submitting forms is the half term before term resources are required, for example, October half term for resources needed in January. It is helpful if all staff fill in requests for resources on the same form and a single form for the whole school is submitted each term. Thank you.
- 1. Projects and class set request form - KS1
- 2. Projects and class set request form - KS2
- 3. Artefacts request form, May 2020
- 4. Story box request form, May 2020
- 5. Miscellaneous resources, May 2020
- Download all 5 request forms above as one PDF, May 2020
- List of class sets available, July 2019
Wirral Schools' Library Service (SLS) is a local authority service for maintained primary and special schools. However, in addition, as part of Wirral Traded Services for Schools, Wirral SLS offers the opportunity for local primary academies and independent primary schools to buy into the service.
There is also a Year 7 Transition Service offer available for secondary school to buy into. Visit Wirral Traded Services for further information.
Schools are also able to access request forms, further information and updates from the Schools’ Library Service via WESCOM.
- car park
Accessibility for people with disabilities
- disabled parking
- disabled toilets
Schools' Library Service
Joseph Paxton Campus
157 Park Road North