|Monday to Thursday||9am to 5pm|
|Friday to Sunday||Closed|
|Monday to Thursday||9am to 1pm|
|Friday to Sunday||Closed|
Opening times may vary slightly during the Covid-19 pandemic. All emails to firstname.lastname@example.org are monitored and answered but the phones may not always be manned. The library is closed to visitors except by prior arrangement and an appointment needs to be made before collecting or returning books.
Schools’ Library Service can provide help and advice with:
- planning your school library
- new books and authors
- talks and display collections
- buying books
- library management and resource provision
- computerised library management systems
Resources are available for teachers from primary and special schools to borrow termly:
- project loans (including books, posters and AV materials as appropriate)
- class sets (various numbers of the same title)
- author sets (different books by the same author or illustrator)
- artefacts (a collection of historical, religious and cultural artefacts)
- whiteboard active (a selection of BBC whiteboard actives including CD ROMs with images, audio, interactive games and activities, and accompanying teaching notes)
- poetry collections
- story boxes (containing books, toys and games relating to a book or theme)
- Microbits (coding class sets of BBC microbits)
- Dual language books and EAL support
Downloadable request forms below.
Preferred deadline for submitting forms is the half term before term resources are required, for example, October half term for resources needed in January. It is helpful if all staff fill in requests for resources on the same form and a single form for the whole school is submitted each term. Thank you.
- Projects and class set request form - KS1
- Projects and class set request form - KS2
- Artefacts request form
- Story box request form
- Miscellaneous resources
- Download set of order forms above as one PDF for Autumn term
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)/Dual Language
- List of class sets available (June 2021)
Wirral Schools' Library Service (SLS) is a local authority service for maintained primary and special schools. However, in addition, as part of Wirral Traded Services for Schools, Wirral SLS offers the opportunity for local primary academies and independent primary schools to buy into the service.
There is also a Year 7 Transition Service offer available for secondary school to buy into. Visit Wirral Traded Services for further information.
Schools are also able to access request forms, further information and updates from the Schools’ Library Service via WESCOM.
- car park
Accessibility for people with disabilities
- disabled parking
- disabled toilets
Schools' Library Service
Joseph Paxton Campus
157 Park Road North