Fines will be charged at a standard daily rate (as displayed in the library) up to a maximum amount for each book and item.
If an item(s) is not returned after a period of 13 weeks following the recorded loan period the borrower (or guarantor) will be in default of the Library Membership Agreement and will be required to pay full cost of the item(s) and accrued fines.
Damaged items will be treated as unreturned unless a repair charge has been agreed (at an earlier stage) between the borrower (guarantor) and the librarian.
We will adopt the following procedure to ensure every effort is made to notify you of overdue items:
- if you supplied us with an email address, we will send you a reminder a few days before your books are due back.
If your items are overdue:
- a library reminder will be sent out (to your email address) after two weeks following the recorded loan period;
- a second library reminder will be sent out (to your email address) after four weeks following the recorded loan period;
- a final overdue notice will be sent out (by post) after five weeks following the recorded loan period;
- after 13 weeks following the recorded loan period the borrower (guarantor) will be entered into the defaulters list and the details reported to the Director of Finance, Miscellaneous Income Section
The miscellaneous Income Section will raise an invoice and if necessary
forward the matter to Wirral Council's legal department for recovery through the County Court.