The Wirral Passport entitles residents to discounts of up to 25% on classes, activities and facilities. The scheme is available to residents who meet one of the following criteria:
- receive Income Support or income related Employment and Support Allowance
- receive income based or contribution based JobSeekers Allowance
- receive Council Tax Support
- receive Housing Benefit
- receive Incapacity Benefit or contributory Employment and Support Allowance
- receive Working Tax Credit
- receive Child Tax Credit (income limit applies)
- full time students and apprenticeships
- Work-Based Learning for young people
- dependent partner of those in any of the above groups
- residents aged 65+
The scheme is not available to Invigor8 members.
- adult - £6.00
Return the form to your local leisure centre or library with:
- proof of eligibility
- proof of residency
- application fee
- two passport photographs, if applying at a library
Those aged 60-64 who obtained their Passport before the age of eligibility increased can still receive their 25% discount until the expiry date but will not be able to renew it until they reach 65.
In order to qualify for team reductions, over 50% of the team requires a Wirral Passport.
Allowance for a carer
If you are a Wirral passport holder and require a carer due to a disability or special need, your carer can accompany you free of charge.
If you are not a Wirral Passport holder you can register for carer allowance for free at any Invigor8 leisure centre with proof of Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Attendance Allowance, or if the person applying has a carer who is in receipt of Carers’ Allowance or Attendance Allowance.