The authority has a permit system in place for the launch and recovery of powered craft. You need a permit to take a vehicle onto the foreshore or to launch a boat around Wirral's coast. Some slipways are restricted for emergency use only.

Permits for all areas, except New Brighton Marine Lake, are available at a nominal cost through:

Safe Water Training Sea School Ltd
68 Victoria Parade
New Brighton
CH45 2PH
Tel: 0151 630 0466

Permission to use New Brighton Marine Lake

A new Watersports and Aqua Centre, Wild Shore New Brighton, is coming to Marine Lake. Further details can be found at