Wirral Council works closely with landlords and managing agents through the Landlord Accreditation Team who administer the Property Accreditation Scheme and offer support in several ways, including:
- Private Landlord Forum with support from the Steering Group
- landlord Link-Up newsletter
The Private Landlord Forum Steering Group consists of landlords, agents and Council officers who meet on a regular basis. Read their Terms of Reference.
Wirral Council has introduced a scheme where landlords that rent out properties privately will need to obtain a licence. The scheme applies in four parts of the borough.
Landlord mailing list
Private landlords can sign for email updates from Wirral Council. We’ll send you updates and useful information, including:
- information about the roll-out of Universal Credit
- details of Landlord Forum meetings
- the Private Landlord newsletter
Landlords Link-up newsletter
Wirral Council issues the Landlords Link-up newsletter once a year.
Universal Credit special issue
A special update on Universal Credit was published in November 2017.
If there is more you would like to know about a particular subject in future issues, please email [email protected].
Find out about landlords and Housing Benefit.
Private Landlord forum
Landlords Universal Credit briefing on 8 February 2018
DWP and Wirral Council are holding a free information day to help landlords find out more about Universal Credit Full Service in Wirral.
Each session will cover:
- what is Universal Credit Full Service?
- what are the changes to other benefits?
- how might the changes affect landlords?
- how might the changes affect tenants?
- what help and information is available for landlords and tenants?
There will be two sessions, each covering the same information. You’ll also have an opportunity to ask questions.
A Wirral Private Landlord Forum is held once a year. The most recent forum took place on Wednesday 7 June 2017.
The following are presentations from speakers at the June 2017 forum:
- MSB Solicitors
- National Landlords Association
- NAPIT - Electrical safety in the private rented sector
- Selective Licensing
- Housing Benefit and Universal Credit
- Proposed HMO licensing changes in 2017
The forum is a great chance to discuss issues with property professionals and Council staff. You can also network with other landlords and letting agents as well as speak to representatives of companies providing services relevant to you.
On the day there are guest speakers on a range of topics.
For more information please call 0151 691 8132 or email the Landlord Accreditation Team.