Both landlords and tenants have obligations to maintain the condition of a rented property.

If you’re a tenant and don’t feel your landlord is meeting obligations for repairs or any other problems, we may be able to help.

On most occasions, we can persuade landlords to carry out the repairs voluntarily. If this fails, we have legal powers to make them tackle the problem.

Find out more about the Private Landlord Liaison Officer who can help mediate in any private renting dispute.

Report a problem about your landlord